Sage Summer Course 2012
FOR ADULTS CONSIDERING A RETURN TO EDUCATION AND WISHING TO EXPLORE A DIFFERENT FUTURE FOR THEMSELVES:
SAGE will offer a three day workshop in North Connaught College in Tubbercurry from Tuesday, 5th – Thursday, 7th June 2012 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. daily.
Topics discussed will include:
• Study skills
• Financial implications for adults returning to education
• Educational guidance and information
• Experience taster courses in Pre-Nursing, Childcare, Business Administration, Security Studies, Beauty Therapy, Tourism.
To request an application form please contact Co. Sligo VEC at 071 9138411 or North Connaught College at 071 9185035.
Courses at SligoVEC
DAY: Monday from 7pm to 8.30pm
Start Date: Friday 16th November 2012
Time: 10am - 12noon...
The latest from SligoVEC
Posted: 4 days 15 hours agoBook now for a variety of Music Generation Sligo Summer Camps for 7-18 year olds in Sligo town, Gurteen,...
Posted: 2 weeks 4 days agoVENUE: Ballinode College DATE: Wednesday 3rd & Thursday 4th July 2013 TIME: 10am - 4pm - Look at materials...
Posted: 3 weeks 21 hours agoAre you concerned about the rise of suicide in society today? · Would you like to learn some...
Did you know...?
- William Butler Yeats was born in Dublin in 1865, but spent most of his childhood in County Sligo. He is one of Ireland's best-known poets. In December 1923, he was awarded the Nobel Prize for literature. He is buried in Drumcliffe, Co Sligo
- Truskmore Mountain is the highest peak in Co Sligo.Truskmore lies between Sligo and Leitrim and is 2,113 feet high. It can be found in the Dartry Mountains area and is the 201st highest mountain in Ireland.
- "One is not always happy when one is good; but one is always good when one is happy." - Oscar Wilde
- You can easily stand out by smiling, while improving your happiness. In fact, smiling helps make you feel much better mentally, because it releases endorphins, which relieve pain and make you feel happy as well.
- The most yolks ever found in one chicken egg was nine!
- No one knows Albert Eistein's last words. Just before he passed, he spoke several words in German, but his nurse only knew English.
- The Irish name for Sligo is Sligeach.Shelly place. The name "Sligeach" originates from the abundance of shellfish found in the river and its estuary. According to the Ordinance Survey letters of 1836, "cart loads of shells were found underground.
Click here for our selection of online courses.