Request for Tenders - Youth Mental Health Initiative
YOUTH MENTAL HEALTH INITIATIVE - SLIGO / LEITRIM / WEST CAVAN
INVITATION TO TENDER
For Youth Mental Health Needs and Resource Assessment
The Youth Mental Health Initiative was established in 2011 to foster the positive mental health and wellbeing of young people aged 12-25 years in Sligo, Leitrim and west Cavan. The initiative involves a partnership between a wide range of statutory and voluntary agencies, communities and young people in order to achieve this aim. The central action of the initiative is to develop an innovative, evidence-based approach for organising services and supports to enhance the mental health and well-being of young people.
A key component of the initiative is to ensure that the work is informed by a reliable needs and resources analysis in relation to youth mental health. In bringing about change, the initiative also relies on knowledge and understanding of evidence-based best practice in relation to youth mental health.
2. Aims of Research:
- To establish the current mental health needs of young people between the ages of 12 – 25 years in the Sligo / Leitrim / west Cavan area.
- To identify the current resources for youth mental health care and the strengths and weaknesses of such resources.
The aims of the research will be met via the achievement of the following objectives:
- Identification of a baseline of data of young people in respect of their mental health needs in Sligo / Leitrim / west Cavan (by reference to quantitative data in Headstrong’s My World survey).
- Identification of the needs of the key stakeholders (young people, statutory services, community and voluntary sectors) in relation to service provision.
- Identification of the existing range of service provision in Sligo / Leitrim / west Cavan in relation to youth mental health.
- Identification of gaps in service provision in relation to youth mental health.
- Comparison with best-practice guidelines.
- Development of recommendations for the reconfiguration of existing services.
- Identification of additional supports required.
- Identification of design of any potential model of service and identification of methodology of costing same.
- Identification of an agreed set of quantified objectives in terms of desired outcomes for young people and mental health in Sligo / Leitrim / west Cavan.
4. Request for Tenders:
Tenders are now invited to carry out the above research, with a closing date of 4.30pm, 16/01/12.