Dragon's Den 2012
The final of Co. Sligo VEC's Dragon's
Den will be taking place on at 7 pm in room A0006 at Sligo IT.
This event is being held as part of Enterprise & Innovation Week. There are
11 finalists representing Ballinode College of Further Education, Coola Post
Primary, Corran College, North Connaught College and VTOS.
A lucky member of the audience can win an iPod Touch! Come along and support the aspiring entrepreneurs.
The latest from SligoVEC
Posted: 18 weeks 3 days agoLearn how to write before considering going back to education: QQI Course, BTEI, Leaving Cert, PLCs Learn how...
Posted: 20 weeks 5 hours agoFOR ADULTS CONSIDERING A RETURN TO EDUCATION AND WISHING TO EXPLORE A DIFFERENT FUTURE FOR...
Posted: 22 weeks 3 days agoPOSTPONED until April 23rd Basic understanding of numbers, rounding, equations & basic algebra...
Did you know...?
- William Butler Yeats was born in Dublin in 1865, but spent most of his childhood in County Sligo. He is one of Ireland's best-known poets. In December 1923, he was awarded the Nobel Prize for literature. He is buried in Drumcliffe, Co Sligo
- Truskmore Mountain is the highest peak in Co Sligo.Truskmore lies between Sligo and Leitrim and is 2,113 feet high. It can be found in the Dartry Mountains area and is the 201st highest mountain in Ireland.
- "One is not always happy when one is good; but one is always good when one is happy." - Oscar Wilde
- You can easily stand out by smiling, while improving your happiness. In fact, smiling helps make you feel much better mentally, because it releases endorphins, which relieve pain and make you feel happy as well.
- The most yolks ever found in one chicken egg was nine!
- No one knows Albert Eistein's last words. Just before he passed, he spoke several words in German, but his nurse only knew English.
- The Irish name for Sligo is Sligeach.Shelly place. The name "Sligeach" originates from the abundance of shellfish found in the river and its estuary. According to the Ordinance Survey letters of 1836, "cart loads of shells were found underground.
Click here for our selection of online courses.