County Sligo VEC sees Integrated Literacy as a core component of the teaching and learning and is committed to a whole school/centre approach in its delivery as part of high quality education provision.
Over the next five years the Integrated Literacy Network will guide and oversee the Integrated Literacy policies and infrastructure. County Sligo VEC will provide support and resources to ensure that all tutors and teachers have an understanding of and capacity to deliver strategic literacy initiatives and programmes.
In the Education Plan for 2011 – 2016 County Sligo VEC intends to:
- Promote and develop an Integrated Literacy Policy.
- Promote an awareness of Literacy as essential to personal development.
- Provide in-service in literacy for teachers and tutors.
- Ensure Integrated Literacy is core to education provision.
- Ensure a whole school/centre, cross curricular approach.
- Promote a positive ethos in the delivery of Integrated Literacy encouraging parental involvement and strong public profile.