Innovation and Creativity
Education systems and structures are required to be accountable and transparent. Success in state examinations reflects high quality delivery of the curriculum. Sound administrative structures will ensure prompt and efficient delivery of education and management related support services. However, County Sligo VEC recognises that over the next five years the challenges for society will necessitate a creative and innovative approach to responding to the needs of our community. County Sligo VEC sees the importance of innovation and creativity as a contributor to personal development, the creation of vibrant communities and the promoting economic growth.
In the Education Plan for 2010-2016 County Sligo VEC intends to:
- Promote a culture of innovation and creativity.
- Encourage entrepreneurship at school/centre and extra-curricular level.
- Recognise innovation and creativity achievement through an Awards System.
- Provide resources and in-service training to encourage innovation and creativity.
- Promote more effective delivery of services through innovation and creativity.
- Instil creativity and innovation at the heart of the subject network and focus groups.