Information Communications Technology
Aligned with Literacy, Numeracy and Creativity and Innovation, the development of Information Communications Technology (ICT) is recognised as core to teaching and learning. ICT is one of the five pillars supporting the delivery of education throughout the Scheme. It is seen not as just a tool in itself but an integrated delivery mechanism to enhance educational provision. Modern learners are enthused and excited by the use of ICT in the classroom. County Sligo VEC recognises the need to develop and embed a strong ICT policy framework and infrastructure so as to ensure relevant and advanced educational opportunities and programmes that are user-friendly and appropriate to meet the challenges faced by modern society.
In the Education Plan for 2011-2016 County Sligo VEC intends to:
- Up skill learners and staff to high levels of competency in IT.
- Provide up- to- date resources and equipment
- Explore alternative methods of programme delivery through eLearning.
- Continue to research new IT resources and initiatives.
- Provide relevant IT programmes for learners.
- Provide high quality technical IT support.
- Encourage a culture of Information Communications Technology drawing on its advantages in the areas of web sites, dissemination of information, marketing and access to web resources.