You can also contact us at: 071 91 45025 email@example.com Quay Street
Please fill the form below if you have any query. Fields with an * are mandatory.
Courses at SligoVEC
Start Date: Friday 16th November 2012
Time: 10am - 12noon...
Sligo College of Further Education, Clarion Road, Sligo.
The latest from SligoVEC
Posted: 5 days 20 hours agoBack to Education Initiative New Courses commencing January 2014. Application Form
Posted: 6 weeks 5 days agoOn Tuesday and Wednesday nights last (22nd-23rd October 2013), youth groups from all corners of Sligo and Leitrim were...
Posted: 7 weeks 1 day agoThe Minister for Education and Skills, Mr. Ruairí Quinn, has confirmed that the commencement order for Section...
Did you know...?
- William Butler Yeats was born in Dublin in 1865, but spent most of his childhood in County Sligo. He is one of Ireland's best-known poets. In December 1923, he was awarded the Nobel Prize for literature. He is buried in Drumcliffe, Co Sligo
- Truskmore Mountain is the highest peak in Co Sligo.Truskmore lies between Sligo and Leitrim and is 2,113 feet high. It can be found in the Dartry Mountains area and is the 201st highest mountain in Ireland.
- "One is not always happy when one is good; but one is always good when one is happy." - Oscar Wilde
- You can easily stand out by smiling, while improving your happiness. In fact, smiling helps make you feel much better mentally, because it releases endorphins, which relieve pain and make you feel happy as well.
- The most yolks ever found in one chicken egg was nine!
- No one knows Albert Eistein's last words. Just before he passed, he spoke several words in German, but his nurse only knew English.
- The Irish name for Sligo is Sligeach.Shelly place. The name "Sligeach" originates from the abundance of shellfish found in the river and its estuary. According to the Ordinance Survey letters of 1836, "cart loads of shells were found underground.
Click here for our selection of online courses.